Help center/ FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user information”) will be collected, used, and shared in connection with your access to and/or use of Xnearme.com and any content, features, services, or other offerings that Xnearme may provide in connection therewith (collectively, the “Site”). This Privacy Statement also describes your choices and rights regarding the use, access and correction or deletion of your user information. By using the Site, you consent to the use of your user information in accordance with this Privacy Statement. If you are located in the EU, you will also be asked to provide clear and unequivocal affirmative consent to the collection, processing, and sharing of your user information via cookies and similar technologies. The Site is owned and operated by Xnearme.
Notice to EU Individuals: this Privacy Statement and its enumerated policies are intended to comply with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”) and provide appropriate protection and care with respect to the treatment of your user information in accordance with the GDPR.
To enhance, personalize, and support your experience on the Site, among other things, we collect, use, and share your user information. For example, we use aggregated information to develop content targeted to user interests and to generally improve the Site’s user experience. As detailed below, your user information may also be used by Xnearme and its partners to tailor content and ads, provide social media features (e.g., features that allow you to share content directly to your preferred social media platform), track your preferences, analyze traffic, and provide similar services and content. Xnearme is committed to your privacy and will not share any user information with any third party without your consent, except as outlined in this Privacy Statement or as permitted by law. If you have any requests, comments, or questions about this Privacy Statement or your user information, please contact us in the manner provided below.
What this Privacy Statement Covers
This Privacy Statement covers the Site. While you may encounter links on the Site to other websites, such as those relating to our third party sponsors, advertisers, and other partners, please note that these websites are not covered by this Privacy Statement (unless otherwise noted on such site, which may be the case if, for example, the site is also owned and operated by Xnearme).
This Privacy Statement does not apply to the activities of Xnearme third party sponsors, advertisers, and other partners that may collect your user information while accessing or using such third party’s services in connection with your use of our Site (e.g. social media and sharing services). The privacy and information practices of those third parties are not covered by this Privacy Statement. To learn more about such third party policies, we encourage you to read and review the privacy statements of each third party service that you may choose to use in connection with the Site. This Privacy Statement applies only to information collected by us.
As a general reminder, please think carefully before you decide to put anything on the internet. For example, if you voluntarily disclose user information in chat areas or bulletin boards (e.g., comments sections), that information could be seen and used by others, and may result in unsolicited messages from others. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information or other user information you may choose to submit in these public forums. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, please contact us as provided below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove personal information voluntarily disclosed by you in such forums for legal retention purposes or technical limitations (e.g., the data may not be searchable), in which case, we will notify you if we are unable to do so.
Gathering of Information
Section Overview: We collect user information when you use the Site. Sometimes you may submit it to us yourself, other times it may be collected automatically. You can manage and change your preferences as outlined below.
When you use the Site, your user information may be collected, used, and shared in a variety of manners. As detailed below, the type of user information collected may vary based on how it was gathered, but may include, among other things, your name, email address, and other information that you voluntarily submit (e.g., when setting up an account or submitting a registration or application on the Site, you may submit your contact information, social media account handles, and/or professional information), information automatically collected about your usage of the Site (e.g., the content that you choose to view), and information about you that our third party partners may share with us if such third party partners have previously received your consent to do so.
Xnearme may collect user information that is voluntarily provided by you or with your permission. For example, we may ask you for information, such as your e-mail address, when you register to become a member of the Site or register for a Xnearme-produced live event. You may also provide information to Xnearme in other contexts, including, for example, on your member profile page and public profile URL, to enter into a sweepstakes, contest, or promotion, or to apply for consideration in connection with a Xnearme list or similar accolade (e.g., Under 30 list applications). In the event you order something from the Site or one of our co-branded websites, we may request additional personal information, such as your address, telephone number and credit card information, in order to complete the purchase. You always have the option not to provide the information we request. If you choose not to provide the information we request, you can still visit most of the Site, but you may be unable to access certain options and services. When you register or become a member of the Site or provide information to Xnearme in any other manner, you agree to provide only true, accurate, current and complete information. We also supplement the data you provide to us with data from data append services such as public or social graph data in order to better serve you with content or promotions.
A cookie is a small data file that is written to your computer’s hard drive by your web browser. A cookie file can contain and/or automatically collect information, such as a user identification code or IP address, that a website will use to track the pages and number of times you have visited. The data read from these cookies may be linked to personally identifying (PII) and non-personally identifying (non-PII) information.
- providing you tailored content and advertisements (see below for more information),
- enabling social media features,
- safeguarding against spam and malware,
- analyzing trends, traffic, and user behavior,
- administering the website,
- gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole,
- tracking web and advertising analytics throughout the Site and its affiliate websites,
- remembering your preferences and voluntarily-submitted information (e.g. custom video playlists, preferences, job title, story ratings, membership status),
- performing location-related functionalities and analytics,
- participating in market research (e.g., website ratings), and
- educating ourselves about how we can continue to improve the Site and its various elements.
Cookies fall into the subcategories below.
Essential Cookies. Certain cookies are used for specific purposes that are essential to your secure use and navigation of the Site. Without them, Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa may not be able to provide core Site functions and features to you, and the Site would not operate as well as you or Xnearme News would like. These cookies collect and use information such as your server preferences, single-session data and corresponding identifier, web beacons and log files (detailed below), and other credential-related information. For EU individuals, essential cookies also help inform Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa whether you require, or have already been served, an affirmative consent request in connection with the GDPR. Essential cookies include analytics cookies, which provide us data that allows Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa to better understand its users and improve the Site based on what we have learned from that data.
Preference Cookies. Other cookies are used to collect and process information about your preferences and similar choices in connection with the Site in order to optimize your browsing experience (e.g., various local preference settings; which geographically-customized version of the Site and related content you may prefer [e.g., Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa US, Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa Asia, Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa Europe]). Preference cookies include social media cookies, which collect information about your social media usage and other data you may have provided in connection with such usage (if you access the Site through a social media website or mobile application, you may have social media cookies). If you wish to modify or change your social media cookies, please visit and review the settings on your applicable social media account(s).
Advertising Cookies. To help support the Site and further tailor your experience, Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa does not provide user information to advertising partners except in connection with the Site or as required by law.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but generally allow users to modify their browser settings to display a warning before accepting a cookie, to accept cookies only from certain websites, and/or to refuse all cookies.
We use web beacons (invisible images often referred to as pixel tags or clear GIFs) on our sites in order to recognize users, assess traffic patterns, identify preferred content and measure site engagement. We also include web beacons in our e-mail messages, including newsletters, in order to count how many e-mail messages have been opened.
Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa and its partners (including advertising partners) also use web beacons to collect various data provided by your browser while you are on our Site and elsewhere (i.e., outside of the Site) where we may be acting as a 3rd party. This data is collected in the aggregate, but may include or be associated with other non-PII or PII that users have voluntarily submitted.
The Site’s web and ad servers log information about a user’s IP address, browser type and the current URL the user is requesting. This information is always provided by a user’s browser and automatically logged by most websites. These log files are stored in a secure location and used in our internal analysis of traffic patterns within our website.
Use of Your Information
Section Overview: Our primary goal in collecting, using, and sharing user information is to enhance your experience on the Site, support the Site, and improve its features, performance, and other elements. Your user information may be used for the purposes outlined below. We will not use your user information without a valid legal basis to do so.
To Target Content and Advertising
To develop and provide content and advertising to you that is targeted to your interests, we use the analytics collected by the systems described above to determine which areas of our website you prefer based upon the frequency of your visits and engagement with those areas. We may make reasonable assumptions based on your browser provided data to target relevant content and advertising to you on our site and elsewhere where we may be acting as a 3rd party. We may also make reasonable geographic and demographic assumptions based on your presented IP address to target relevant content and advertising.
To Provide Interactive Communications from the Site
To enhance your experience we may provide you with interactive communications, such as notifications of activity by topic or contributor to the e-mail address that you provide to us. Such interactive communications are provided only to those users who have expressly provided us with their permission to receive them as part of their user profile.
From time to time we may provide e-mails highlighting new features, promotions or contests on the website to those users who have expressly provided us with their permission to send such communications as part of their user profile.
To Provide Communications from Third Parties
We respect the privacy of our users and will not disclose or distribute our user list to any third party, nor will we permit anyone else to do so. However, we do make available for rental our list of those registrants who have expressly provided us with their permission to receive third party offers as part of their user profile. In those cases, your e-mail address will be transferred to the third party. You can remove your consent to this use or modify your related user information by contacting Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa as indicated below.
Sharing of Information
You may be requested to voluntarily provide certain user information during your use of the Site. If you choose to do so, that user information may be shared with Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa as well as business partners and vendors providing hosting and other services for Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa.
We use third parties to provide credit card processing, e-mail service providers and hosting services on the Site. When you sign up for such services, we will share your user information only as necessary for the third party to provide that service. These third parties are prohibited from using your user information for any other purpose. With respect to credit card processing, we do not collect, store, or process any credit card information. If you do not want your information to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer of your information by not using that particular service.
In addition, if you provide any personally identifiable information via an advertiser promotion, please be aware you are directly providing your personally identifiable information to that advertiser.
From time-to-time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on our site. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you, such as your name and e-mail. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. We use this personally identifiable information to notify contest winners and award prizes.
We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; that company will be prohibited from using our users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose. We will not share the personally identifiable information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
We offer widgets that are hosted on the Site, like our embeddable video player. Use of the Xnearme values your privacy.
Aggregate, Anonymous Information with Advertisers
Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa derives the majority of its revenue on the Site from advertising and sharing information is essential to keeping our services affordable to users. In order to attract and retain advertisers we use the aggregated, anonymous information that we gather (as well as information from third-party market researchers) to describe our services to partners and to assist our advertisers and sponsors to better understand our audience. We do not disclose personally identifying information about our users to these parties.
If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt-out or modify your choices by clicking here, or if located in the European Union by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.
As Necessary to Provide Services to You
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as handling the processing and delivery of newsletter mailings, processing transactions, or performing statistical analysis of our services. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service. In some instances, these companies may collect information directly from you. In these cases, you will be notified of the involvement of the external service provider. In all cases, these companies are subject to agreements that require them to maintain the confidentiality of your information and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
In the Event of Sale or Bankruptcy
The ownership of the Site may change at some point in the future. Should that occur, we want this site to be able to maintain a relationship with you. In the event of a sale, merger, public offering, bankruptcy or other change in control of Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa, your information may be shared with the person or business that owns or controls this site. Opting out of receiving information from third parties will not affect our right to transfer your information to a new owner, but your choices will continue to be respected regarding the use of your information. You will be notified as described below in “How will I know if the Privacy Statement is changed.”
As Required By Law
Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law such as to comply with a subpoena or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of the law, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa or to protect and defend the rights or property of Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa.
Notice to EU Individuals: As outlined in this Privacy Statement, Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa will not process your user information without a lawful basis to do so, as such bases are defined in Article 6 of the GDPR. In general, Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa will process your user information on the legal bases of consent, contract (if you have entered into an agreement with us and such processing is a necessary part thereof), or legal obligation (as noted above). Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa may also process certain user information on the basis of the following legitimate interests, provided that such interests are not overridden by your privacy rights and interests: delivering and continuing to develop and improve the Site, learning from your behavior on the Site (e.g., analyzing traffic) to better serve you and other Site users, helping us modify or enhance the Site and its content, receiving insight as to what users do (and don’t) like about our Site or aspects thereof, and providing a stable, consistent, and secure user experience in connection with the Site.
Section Overview: We care about the protection of your user information and use industry standard safeguards to do so. Of course, it’s important to keep in mind that no data transmission on the Internet is guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Your information is stored on Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa servers located in the United States. We use industry standard physical, electronic, and organizational safeguards to protect your user information against loss or theft as well as unauthorized access and disclosure to protect your privacy. We treat data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the company. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. If you are concerned that your privacy may have been breached, please contact us as provided below.
Privacy of Children
Section Overview: The Site is intended for people who are at least 16 years of age.
If you are less than 16 years old, please do not send any user information to us–including information such as your name, address, or e-mail address. We do not knowingly collect (nor do we wish to collect) any personally identifiable information or other user information from children under the age of 16. In the event that we learn we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will delete that information from our database and terminate the corresponding account, if any. We encourage you to discuss the Site with your parent or guardian.
Section Overview: Your user information may be transferred to other countries in connection with your use of the Site. If you access or use the Site outside of the United States, your user information will be transferred to our servers in the United States.
Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List at https://www.privacyshield.gov/list. Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under each Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement ofXnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks,Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement ofXnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
How to Contact Us
Section Overview: Please contact us if you have any questions or requests.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement or how to remove or modify your user information or related consents, please feel free to contact us by e-mail at info@Xnearme.com.com Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa.com or the mailing address below. Our mailing address isXnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa Media LLC, Privacy Team — Customer Service, 5250 Lankershim Blvd. Suite 500, North Hollywood, CA 91601.
How Will I Know if the Privacy Statement Is Changed?
If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Note on Translated Version(s): For your convenience,Xnearme values your privacy.
This Privacy Statement of Xnearme LLC (“Xnearme” “we” “us” or “our”) outlines how your personally identifiable information and other personal data (your “user informa may make translated versions of this Privacy Statement available on the Site. In the event that the terms of any such translated version conflict with the terms of the English version, the terms of the English version of this Privacy Statement will control in all instances.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We may collect, transmit, and store information about you in connection with your use of the Service, including any information you send to or through the Service. We use that information to provide the Service’s functionality, fulfill your requests, improve the Service’s quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the Service, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, provide feedback to third party businesses that are listed on the Service, display relevant advertising, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with legal obligations. Even when we do not retain such information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process.
Please also note:
- Account Information:When you create a XnearMe account, we store and use the information you provide during that process, such as the first and last name you enter, email address, zip code, physical address, and any other information you may provide during the account creation process, such as a gender, phone number, or birth date. We may publicly display the first name and last initial that you provide, as well as any photo or other content you submit through the account creation process, as part of your account profile. We also store and use any preferences you provide to personalize your user experience, including dining and activity preferences. You can later modify some of the account information you provide through your account settings. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account using your personal information, you can request its removal by flagging it.
- Public Content:Your contributions to the Service are intended for public consumption and are therefore viewable by the public, including your photos, ratings, reviews, tips, lists, Collections, compliments, Ask the Community posts, XnearMe Talk posts, and edits to business page information. Your account profile (e.g., first name, last initial, city, neighborhood, the month and year you created your XnearMe account, profile photos and list of friends on XnearMe) is also intended for public consumption, as is some of your other activity through the Service, like how you vote on other people’s contributions (e.g., useful, funny, cool, helpful, or not helpful), which contributions you like, where you check-in (including when friends on XnearMe tag you in their own check-ins), which contributions or users you follow, and which businesses you follow or bookmark. You can limit the public nature of some of these activities through your account settings.
- Contacts:You can invite others to join or become your friend on XnearMe by providing us with their contact information, or by allowing us to access contacts from your computer, mobile device, or third party sites to select which individuals you want to invite. If you allow us to access your contacts, we will transmit information about your contacts to our servers long enough to process your invitations.
- Communications:When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from other users, businesses, and XnearMe. You can manage some of your messaging preferences through your account settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from XnearMe. For example, if you make a reservation, order food, place yourself on a waitlist, or request a quote from a business through the Service, we may send you messages about your transaction using the contact information you provide, including through automated SMS text messages to your phone number. We may also track your actions in response to the messages you receive from us or through the Service, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages, and share that information with other parties to your messages (for example, to let them know if you have viewed their message). When a user requests a quote or similar information from multiple businesses through the Service, we may disclose to those businesses information about the status of the user’s requests, such as whether any business has responded to the request, the type of response provided (for example, a quote or a request for more information), and whether the user has responded to any business’s reply. If you exchange messages with others through the Service, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and we may review and disclose them in connection with investigations related to use of the Service, as well as our efforts to improve the Service. We may not deliver messages that we believe are objectionable, such as spam messages, fraudulent solicitations, or requests to exchange reviews for compensation. If you send or receive messages through the Service via SMS text message, we may log phone numbers, phone carriers, and the date and time that the messages were processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are a representative of a business listed on XnearMe, or use a phone number associated now or previously with such a business, we may contact you, including by phone or email, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for your business. Our communications with you, including phone calls, may be monitored and recorded for quality purposes.
- Transactions: If you initiate a transaction through the Service, such as a reservation or purchase, we will collect and store information you provide associated with your transaction, such as your name, phone number, address, email, and payment information, as well as any other information you provide, in order to process your transaction, send communications about the transaction to you, and facilitate future transactions. This information may be shared with third parties, and third parties may share such information with us, for the same purposes. When you submit credit card numbers and other sensitive payment information, that information is encrypted using industry standard technology. If you write reviews about businesses with which you transact through the Service, we may publicly display the fact that you transacted with those businesses in connection with such reviews. For example, if you make a dining reservation through the Service and later write a review about your experience, we may publicly display the fact that you made your reservation through the Service.
- Activity:We store information about your use of the Service, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visits, businesses you call using our mobile applications, and reservations, purchases, or transactions you make through the Service. We also store information that your computer or mobile device may provide to us in connection with your use of the Service, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, WiFi information such as SSID, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs and mobile applications. We may also receive and store your location whenever our mobile applications are running, including when running in the background, if you enable our mobile apps to access such information in the course of using the Service. You may be able to limit or disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example by adjusting the settings for our applications in iOS or Android privacy settings.
- Different Devices:You may access the Service through different devices (e.g., your mobile phone or personal computer) and different platforms (e.g., the XnearMe website or XnearMe mobile apps). The information that we collect and store through those different uses may be cross-referenced and combined, and your contributions through one XnearMe platform will typically be similarly visible and accessible through all other XnearMe platforms.
- Professional Information:If you represent a business on XnearMe, we may collect and display information about you related to your business activities, such as a business name that may incorporate your name, or a publicly available business address that is also used as a home address. We will also collect and display information about your professional background that you choose to share with us through the Service, such as information about your professional licenses or certifications, or your professional history or specialties.
- Legal Basis for Processing (EEA and Switzerland only):For European Residents, our legal basis for collecting and using the information described above will depend on the specific information concerned and the context in which we collect it. We, however, will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person (for instance, to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service or to comply with legal obligations). If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will typically be to operate our Services, communicate with you in relation to our Services, or for our other legitimate commercial interests, for instance, when responding to your queries, to analyze and improve our platform, engage in marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing fraud. If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us at the address listed below in the “Contact” section.
|Processes||Intended to make the Service work in the way you expect. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.|
|Preferences||Intended to remember information about how you prefer the Service to behave and look. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have declined to allow us to send push notifications to your phone.|
|Notifications||Intended to allow or prevent notices of information or options that we think could improve your use of the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that stops us from showing you the signup notification if you have already seen it.|
|Analytics||Intended to help us understand how visitors use the Service. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to your interactions with the search page.|
You can set some Cookie preferences through your device or browser settings, but doing so may affect the functionality of the Service. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in your device or browser preferences or security settings. For example, iOS and Android devices each have settings which are designed to limit forms of ad tracking. For flash cookies, you can manage your privacy settings by clicking here. Please note that changing any of these settings does not prevent the display of certain advertisements to you.
3. THIRD PARTIES
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- Content Partners:We allow third party partners to use and display some of the public content available through the Service, such as your photos, reviews, and other information listed under “Public Content” in Section 1 above.
- Service Providers:We rely on third party service providers to support or provide services for us in connection with your use of the Service, such as food delivery services, communications and hosting, security and fraud prevention, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting usage of the Service, quality assurance testing, payment processing, marketing, and other functions. We share information from or about you with these third party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. For example, we may share your advertising identifiers (e.g., your IDFA, GAID, or a cryptographic hash of your email address) with third party service providers that help us facilitate XnearMe’s advertising programs and measure and report their effectiveness, including with third parties that help determine the efficacy of XnearMe’s advertising programs by combining information they receive about you from other sources than the Service. You may be able to limit our access to some of this information through your mobile device settings, as described in Section 2 above, or through the Service’s settings. XnearMe’s third party service providers may likewise share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Information:We share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as businesses that are listed on XnearMe and content distributors. For example, we disclose the number of users that have been exposed to or interacted with advertisements, or that we believe visited the physical location of a particular business.
- Businesses on XnearMe:We may share information from or about you (such as your city, and if you provide it, your age and gender), your device type, and your use of the Service (such as which businesses you bookmark or call, or if you visit a business’s URL) with businesses on XnearMe. You may adjust your account settings to increase or decrease the amount of information we share. Keep in mind that businesses can also view your public activity and posts, and may receive information from or about you when you transact or communicate with them, through XnearMe or otherwise, regardless of your settings (see Section 1 above). Additionally, if you make a phone call to a business through or in connection with your use of the Service, we may share information about your call with the business that the business would have received had you called them directly, such as the date and time of your call and your phone number. You may be able to limit our ability to collect and share your phone number through your phone settings or phone service provider.
- Investigations and Legal Disclosures:We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal or law enforcement processes, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process or law enforcement request; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public, such as disclosures in connection with XnearMe’s Consumer Alerts program. If you flag or otherwise complain to us about content through the Service, we may share the substance of your complaint with the contributor of that content in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond.
- Links:The Service may link to third party-controlled websites, like a business’s URL. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices.
- Third Party Integrations:If you sign up for, or log into, XnearMe using a third party service like Facebook or Google, or link your XnearMe account to your account with a third party service like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, we may receive information about you from such third party service. If you post content to a third party service through the Service, that third party service will also receive that content, which will be visible to anyone that has access to it through that third party service. Some of our web pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third party partners, while preserving the look and feel of the Service. In such cases, please note that the information you provide may be transmitted directly to the identified third party partner. If you interact with businesses through XnearMe, they will receive whatever information you choose to share with them, for example contact information you share through direct messages to the business or your phone number if you call the business.
4. CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account, if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Service pseudonymously, though doing so could detract from the credibility of your contributions to the Service. XnearMe users can also use the Find Friends feature to find one another based on their names or email addresses (you can limit your visibility for this feature in your account settings). Please also note that the messages you send or receive using the Service are only private to the extent that both you and the recipient(s) of your messages keep them private. For example, if you send a message to another user, that user may choose to publicly post it. We may access, review, and disclose such messages in connection with investigations related to use of the Service, as well as our efforts to improve the Service.
5. DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
The Service is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us here. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We use various safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and after we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. CONTACT INFORMATION
8560 W. Sunset Blvd. Suite 500
West Hollywood, A 90069
For security purposes, we will take such steps as we deem necessary to confirm your identity before completing your request or sharing any personal data with you.
10.CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA“), California residents have certain rights around XnearMe’s collection, use, and sharing of their personal information.
XnearMe does not sell your personal information and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law. Similarly, we do not offer financial incentives associated with our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information.
XnearMe collects various categories of personal information when you use the Service, including identifiers, commercial information, internet or other electronic network or device activity information, geolocation data, and professional information. A more detailed description of the information XnearMe collects and how we use it is provided above in Section 1 (Information We Collect and How We Use It). Section 3 (Third Parties) describes the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, and what information may be shared under different circumstances.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to request to know what personal information has been collected about you, and to access that information. You also have the right to request deletion of your personal information, though exceptions under the CCPA may allow XnearMe to retain and use certain personal information notwithstanding your deletion request. You may also send your request by email to info@XnearMe.com
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. An agent may submit a request on your behalf, but you must verify that your agent is authorized to do so.
Separate from the CCPA, California’s Shine the Light law gives California residents the right to ask companies what personal information they share with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their goods or services to you unless you request such disclosure. If you have any questions regarding this policy, or would like to change your preferences, you may contact us at the address listed above in Section 8.
11.NEVADA RESIDENTS: YOUR NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Nevada law (SB 220) requires website operators to provide a way for Nevada consumers to opt out of the sale of certain information that the website operator may collect about them. XnearMe does not sell your personal information to third parties as defined in Nevada law, and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law. If you have any questions regarding our data privacy practices or our compliance with Nevada data privacy law, please contact us.
12.EUROPEAN RESIDENTS: YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AND INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
If you are a European Resident, you have the right to access your personal data, and the right to request that we correct, update, or delete your personal data. You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, and request portability of your personal information. Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. The Service generally provides you with a reasonable means to view and change your profile information and you can opt-out of marketing communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you or in your account settings. If you have any questions or comments about the processing of your personal information, you may contact us as described in Section 8 above. Please note that if you are a European Resident, the “data controller” responsible for protecting your personal data related to the Service is XnearMe Ireland Ltd., a limited liability company established and resident under the laws of the Republic of Ireland.